Carways Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Last Updated 12/08/2020
In response to the WHO (World Health Organisation) announcing Coronavirus COVID-19 a pandemic, Carways Pty Ltd maintains the health and safety of its staff, their families, clients and the greater community a high priority. Our operations are continuing as normal with full deployment of our national and local fleet as part of the essential services. We are actively monitoring each state, territory and the commonwealth current health legislation and advice to ensure we following current protocols.
The Victorian government has increased restrictions in Melbourne Metro and Mitchell Shire to stage 4 restrictions, and reginal Victoria to state 3 restrictions as of 11.59pm 5th August 2020.
Importantly as of today, no occurrence of Coronavirus (COVID -19) has been confirmed with our staff or any of our national depots. However, Carways has completed a through risk assessment and action plan to cover our risks and contingencies. Appropriate control measures and existing processes are in place and continue to be developed to mitigate the risks such as;
- Educating and coaching staff on important (COVID – 19) safe physical and psychological measures, deployed by regular electronic / hard copy communications;
- Daily staff 1:1 shift briefings completed with social distancing measures in place;
- Staff gatherings have been minimised and strict social distance practices have been applied to all staff, depots, offices and client sites;
- Increased deep regular cleaning of hi-touch surfaces, handrails, in depots and offices with antibacterial cleaning agents;
- Increased stock of hand sanitiser and tissues deployed to our depots;
- Staff provided with gloves, face masks and protective gear as required;
- Requiring employees who have returned from overseas to self-isolate at home for 14 days as per Australia Boarder Force directives;
- Trucks are deep cleaned each day with antibacterial hospital grade agents;
- Only heavy vehicle drivers are traveling interstate, one driver per truck;
- Implementing safe working from home measures where applicable;
- Advising staff with cold or flu like symptoms to seek urgent professional medical advice and follow the medical directives;
- Staff flexible working days and hours are in place to ensure full operations continue; and
- Assisting employees who have concerns to access our EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Carways also informs employees and clients to practice good respiratory hygiene. This include covering one’s mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, coughing into a flexed elbow, disposing of tissues into a bin and washing your hands correctly (for at least 15-20 seconds) with soap and/or using hand sanitiser.
For additional information please visit; https://www.health.gov.au/
Please contact us if you require further information in relation to any concerns, quotation or order requirements.
Customer Depot Visit Update (Vehicle Pickup / Drop off)
In support of Department of Health recommendations for social distancing practices to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we kindly ask all individuals call their Carways depot prior to arrival for picking up vehicles or dropping off vehicles.
We also respectfully request that anyone who has been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or anyone with cold or flu symptoms, please refrain from visiting the office.
Thank you for your support as we continue to work through this together. We look forward to a quick return to good health for all.
Brisbane Depot 07 3539 6820
Canberra Depot 02 6123 0200
Lismore Depot 02 6622 0804
Melbourne Depot 03 8353 2555
Sydney Depot Mobile: 0447 696 823
Carways Salvage Mobile 0455 665 776