Carways Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Last Updated 06/04/2020
In response to the WHO (World Health Organisation) announcing Coronavirus COVID-19 a pandemic, Carways Pty Ltd maintains the health and safety of its staff, their families, clients and the greater community a high priority. Our operations are continuing as normal with full deployment of our national fleet and frequent monitoring of the state and national health advice.
As of today, no occurrence of Coronavirus (COVID -19) has been confirmed with our staff or any of our national depots. However, Carways has completed a through risk assessment and action plan to cover our risks and contingencies. Appropriate control measures and existing processes are in place and continue to develop to mitigate the risks such as;
- Educating and coaching staff on important prevention measures, including distributing regular electronic / hard copy communications around the Coronavirus.
- Regular staff briefings and meetings to ensure our risk controls are up to date.
- Advising staff with cold or flu like symptoms to seek urgent professional medical advice and follow the medical directives.
- Cleaning surfaces with antibacterial cleaning agents more regularly.
- Increased stock of hand sanitiser and tissues deployed to our depots.
- Encouraging staff to follow social distance practises.
- Requiring employees who have returned from overseas to self-isolate at home for 14 days as per Australia Boarder Force directives.
- Implementing working from home measures where applicable.
- Assisting employees who have concerns to access our EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Carways also informs employees and clients to practice good respiratory hygiene, inclusive of covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, coughing into a flexed elbow, disposing of tissues into a bin and washing your hands correctly (for at least 15-20 seconds) with soap and dry your hands, wrists or use hand sanitizer.
Carways will continue to monitor the Department of Health and state governments advice and provide any important updates to our employees and clients as soon as they are available. For additional information please visit; https://www.health.gov.au/
Lastly, Carways would like to thank you for your continuous support in such unprecedented times. It is our responsibility and commitment to remain a safe and conscious Vehicle Transport Solution. Please contact us if you require further information in relation to any concerns, quotation or order requirements.
As you’re aware, the media has created unnecessary public apprehensions resulting in unprecedented behaviour that hasn’t been seen since the Spanish flu outbreak in 1918. A solid & structured action plan along with sound communication channels with internal & external stakeholders will instil some confidence amongst employees and customers. The pandemic is still in its early stages in Australia so we need to prepare our business continuity plan immediately.
Customer Depot Visit Update (Vehicle Pickup / Drop off)
In support of Department of Health recommendations for social distancing practises to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. We kindly ask that all individuals to call their Carways depot prior to arrival for picking up vehicles or vehicle collection in the first instance.
We also respectfully request that anyone who has been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or anyone with cold or flu symptoms, please refrain from visiting the office.
Thank you for your understanding, together we can get through the current global pandemic. We look forward to a quick return to good health for all.
Brisbane Depot 07 3539 6820
Canberra Depot 02 6123 0200
Lismore Depot 02 6622 0804
Melbourne Depot 03 8353 2555
Sydney Depot Mobile: 0447 696 823
Carways Salvage Mobile 0455 665 776